Special Extended Legal Deep Dive
Erin Schilling, JD & Eric Packel, JD
October 8, 2019 | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Grand Street Cafe
Labor and Employment Law Deep Dive on Leave Issues: Managing employee leave issues can be one of the toughest jobs for HR professionals. During the first hour we will review an employer’s rights and obligations under the FMLA, ADA and workers’ compensation law including the top 10 mistakes employers make on leave issues. During the second hour we will build on what we covered in the first hour and dive deeper into more examples of leave issues.
· FMLA, ADA and the intersect with workers’ compensation
· Employer rights - What can employers expect of employees?
· Employer responsibilities - What are an employer’s technical obligations?
· Mistakes and tips on: exhaustion, reassignment, medical certification, domestic partners, designation and abuse
· A full hour of real world examples
This program has been pre-approved for 2.0 hours of PHR/SPHR recertification credit through the HR Certification Institute (www.hrci.org) and SHRM CP/SCP professional development credit through SHRM (www.shrm.org).
Members - $35
Non-Members - $50
Student Members - $10
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Registration & Networking
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Part I
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Buffet Luncheon
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Part II
A special thank you to our sponsor - Validity Screening Solutions